Stay in 4* Luxury Self Catering Holiday Accommodation
set in Northern Ireland’s Fermanagh Lakelands
For Great Days Out!
Within 5 miles (5 Minutes) of Meadow View Apartment:
- Across the road from the apartment is the Cottage Meadow, which includes a children’s play park, picnic tables, BBQ area and access to Lough MacNean.
- Enjoy the magical underground of the Marble Arch Caves or hill walking in the Cuilcagh Mountain Park, both part of the Marble Arch Caves European Geopark.
- Cuilcagh Legnabrocky Trail, 7.4km, is now open to the summit of the mountain from the car park at Legnabrocky about 1 km from the road entrance to Marble Arch Caves. A new boardwalk protects the rare blanket bog from erosion caused by walkers in the Cuilcagh Mountain Special Area of Conservation.
- Florence Court is a splendid 18th century house and demesne, set against the stunning backdrop of the Cuilcagh mountains. Fantastic home baking at the coffee shop.
- Blacklion Golf Club sits at the side of Lough MacNean and has been described as one of the best maintained and most charming nine-holers in the whole of Ireland.
- Fishing on Macnean Loughs (Upper And Lower). Variety of fish: pike, eels, hybrids, perch and roach. Notable for pike Permit: nearest seller is Peter Catterall, Corralea Forest Lodge, Belcoo.
- Lakeland Adventure with the many water activites offered at Corralea Activity Centre including the onsite water park. Caving at Corralea Activity Centre voted second best activity holiday in Ireland by Irish Times.
- Celebrity Chef Neven Maguire’s MacNean House and Restaurant, Blacklion, is walking distance from Meadow View Apartment. Neven Maguire is one of Ireland’s best loved chefs. The restaurateur and media personality is well known for his award-winning MacNean House & Restaurant. He has published 12 cookbooks and is currently filming his 8th series of ‘Home Chef’ for RTE. Early booking essential!
Within 15 miles ( 15 minutes) of Meadow View Apartment:
- The picturesque island town of Enniskillen hosts a multitude of attractions including Enniskillen Castle and the Buttermarket Craft and Design centre.
- Enjoy cruising on Upper or Lower Lough Erne by either hiring a private cruiser or taking one of the many guided tourist trips, visit Devenish Island Monastic Site, or combine with a meal at a riverside restaurant.
- The region is internationally renowned for Fishing. The Erne Waterway forms one of Ireland’s most diverse fishing waters
- Castle Coole is one of Ireland´s greatest neo-classical houses; the surrounding landscape park is ideal for family walks.
- Lough Navar Forest Scenic Drive provides views stretching for miles, from over the islands in Lough Erne, to the Blue Stack Mountains of Co. Donegal. From the main forest drive there are lots of short walks signed to various points of interest.
- The region offers an abundance of golf courses, including Enniskillen and Castle Hume golf clubs
Within 25 miles (30 minutes) of Meadow View Apartment:
- Crom Estate is a romantic and tranquil landscape of islands, woodland and historical ruins and is one of the National Trust´s most important nature reserves. Boat hire available.
- Craftsmanship is an important part of Fermanagh; the most renowned is that of Belleek Pottery, Ireland´s oldest pottery.
- Castle Archdale Country Park, situated along the shores of Lough Erne, is abundant in historical features and also includes: a red deer enclosure, wildfowl ponds, nature trails, butterfly garden and wildflower meadow. Pony Treking, Boat and Bicycle Hire available.
Within 30 miles (45 minutes) of Meadow View Apartment:
- Belcoo is a gateway to the West of Ireland, with both Sligo and Donegal on your doorstep, stretches of magnificent sandy beaches, miles of dramatic Altantic coastline and beautiful heather topped mountains are all within a short drive.
The village is only a couple miles from the point where the three counties of Cavan, Leitrim and Fermanagh meet and is also close to Sligo & Donegal. Wonderful waterways, stunning beaches, historical monuments & mythical landscapes await!
The central village location allows you to walk to shops, pubs and restaurants.
For further information see Fermanagh Lakeland Tourism
If you would like help in planning day trips, booking activities or restaurants, there will always be someone on hand during your stay . The village location allows you to walk to shops, pubs and restaurants. Both Dublin and Belfast can be reached in 2 hours by car.
We look forward to welcoming you!
Kathy & Joe.